Saturday, February 02, 2008

When I'm Six

Every day my Granddaughter Kaia asks her Daddy if she can be or do or have something when she's 6. "Absolutely", says Daddy. "You have to work hard for it though". Kaia is the epitome of Girl Mogul! Girls don't have to play only with dolls and wear pretty dresses all the time - girls need a good work ethic and to know they have power.


Kaia is learning girls 'CAN DO' and she's smart. Last night the Chinese food delivery man delivered our order and included a calendar. I opened it, held it up for Kaia to look at and I read the two words at the top of the picture, "Great Wall". "The Great Wall of China", she said. Now how did she know that? She's 5 years old...

GirlMogul - that's how - and by defying conventional stereotyping, her parents are teaching her to approach life to be and do what she dreams. This attitude defies convention and stereotyping and is inspiring and encouraging.

No matter her age, a GirlMogul has an approach to living which encourages big and little dreams, forging her own path, being strong inside while being independent, but still helping others.

Sure, it's fun to play princess for a day, wearing your tiara, ballet shoes and a tutu but reality dictates we need to teach our daughters they may strive to be the 'Future Leader of the Free World'!





3 comments:

A. Caleb Hartley - Business Consultant & Entrepreneur said...

I love it. Don't ever let a child start to think they have limited options. Make sure they know they can do anything and be anyone they want to be.

Excellent post!

Namaste,
A. Caleb Hartley
Vote for environmentastic!

The Ferryman said...

Is it still okay that *I* wear my tiara every day?

Anonymous said...

I think this should work for little boys as well. My nephew is around that age and strikes me as lacking motivation and self-belief.

I would like to play my role as an aunt well and help to realize he has so much potential.