Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Friend Indeed!

I was seriously in need of help on my dot com blog and knew if I put in a request at the Izea Forum, someone would have a suggestion or be able to walk me through a repair.

Owen, from A Bit of This and a Bit of That jumped right on my question a few minutes after I posted and offered to help. He made suggestions and I tried to follow - honestly I did - but the 'fix' was beyond my limited knowledge.

After 3 days of getting nowhere, Owen offered to access my control panel to 'see' what the problem was. I have no problem giving my username and password to a fellow 'postie' whom I know - not in person - but through his blog and the forum.

Owen offered to do a backup first, then fix the RSS Feed problem - and he did it while I was sleeping! He lives on the Isle of Man which is in the Irish Sea, between Scotland and England. The Isle of Man is not part of the United Kingdom although it is in the very centre and Queen Elizabeth is the 'head of state', represented by a Lieutenant Governor.

Check out the blogs belonging to Owen's wife and son, Arthur. I love the idea of starting a blog for a baby to record first steps - what a treasure!

One of Owen's blogs is 'Ask Owen' where he answers questions posed by various people seeking information. His answers are informative and written clearly - so even I feel comfortable following his advice.

I really, really appreciated Owen's help. He is a 'friend indeed'.

12 comments:

That girl said...

Does Owen know how to get my husband to do housework?

I'm just askin'.

At this point, I'll take any help I can get :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey .. it was a pleasure. Might start offering a "I'll fix your blog while you sleep" service ;)

Seriously, if you need any more help, just ask

Barb said...

Friends like that are good to have. :)

K T Cat said...

Isn't the blogosphere a wondrous things? You cannect to concerned and helpful people so quickly. Great story!

Karen said...

Owen has rescued me numerous times. He is such a good friend.

Anonymous said...

There are some great people on the web, and I enjoy hearing stories about two people coming together.

Anonymous said...

Ive recently started a blog. guess ill know where to turn if problems arise :)

James said...

yes the isle of man has it's own language and is a country in it's own right. The British do not need passports to visit it just like Ireland.
not many people know that - England is not a separate country but Isle of man is!

Anonymous said...

That kind of friend is really tough to find in a life time. And the most luck matter is to find them and to hold them.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy hearing stories about two people coming together.

Anonymous said...

Thats right that the most luck matter is to find them and to hold them.

Anonymous said...

So as to sort of friend is actually hard-hitting to discover in a life time. So the majority of fortune issue is to locate them.