Thursday, August 28, 2008

Skookumchuck

The 'Skookumchuck' scares me! I guess that's a good thing as I'm aware of the dangers and respect the area. As a child, I heard all the horror stories of people drowning, boats overturning, unwary boaters being caught in the whirlpools and huge logs popping up out of the swirling waters. The 'Chuck' isn't a friendly place - but it is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful.

Kent enjoys taking friends aboard the boat to 'view' the Skookumchuck Rapids up close. He will only go through the rapids on a slack tide, but on a run-out tide he will manoeuver the boat close enough to the roaring current and whirlpools for guests to experience the mighty power of mother nature.

When we were there two weeks ago, there were people camped on one of the islands. I don't know if I'd want to be there so close to the raging water for more than an hour or so - but it's an experience you wouldn't soon forget! My camera is broken so, no pictures right now :( but if you 'google' Skookumchuck Rapids you will find a great deal of information and pictures.


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skookumchuck scares me too.anyway thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Actually i agree with mr. Actuary. They scare me too.

Anonymous said...

i can take on any skookumchuck any day... :)... seriously though, i followed the link and it seems like the place is a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the Winter months. anyway nice post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Very interesting read, you should be commended for your blog.

Anonymous said...

Your website is very nicely designed you should be proud of it

Anonymous said...

if there is one thing that i am dying to try it is to go snowboarding... i have never tried it before and it is definitely in my bucket list.

Anonymous said...

checked out burton and they have the coolest gears! Thanks for your information.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. This article is truly a good read for me! Informative and very interesting! Although this wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it did answer a lot of questions I had in mind. Thanks for sharing. Also your site looks excellent, ive tried my hand at design but without luck.

Anonymous said...

Great Article.. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting like this wonderful post.

Anonymous said...

I just love it.... Well i don't have any doubt about your articles. Your articles are awesome... Honestly you are simply the best.Thanks for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

Your website is very nicely designed you should be proud of it

Anonymous said...

That was a great read.. thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

i can take on any skookumchuck any day... :)... seriously though, i followed the link and it seems like the place is a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I loved your post.

Anonymous said...

That's a really interesting read for me, you're thankful for this post.. I've been checking your posts from time to time, Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Nice article.It's really interesting read for me.Hope this will be useful for every one.Thanks for sharing this interesting one.Keep posting.Expecting more from you.

Anonymous said...

The Skookumchuck scares me too.