Friday, February 06, 2009

Celebrating 96 Years Young!

Candle birthday cakes.Image via Wikipedia



My 'Pop' has had 95 birthdays already and his 96th is coming up really quickly!

My family and I have held some incredible parties for him over the years with great themes and huge numbers of guests... so it's always difficult to come up with another idea for a party. When you live as long as Pop has I think your birthday should be very special every year.

So, I'm starting to research a few ideas now for his June birthday. Once I'm at Egmont, living aboard the boat for the Spring and Summer I don't have internet access continually and certainly don't have much time for research!

I always found kids birthday party ideas were easy to come up with, but adults are another story - especially 'older' adults.

With the help of Celebrations.com I think I've come up with a fairly good idea! Summer Solstice is the end of June so that theme would fit perfectly. The decor is simple - clear mini lights in the trees, a few Chinese lanterns hung from the branches, candles on the tables, pretty napkins and fresh flowers. Add guests, with a potluck dinner, a huge birthday cake with 96 candles, and party into the wee hours, while wishing Pop all the best and welcoming summer sunshine and warmth!

Will you join us?



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

K T Cat said...

I hope my dad makes it to that age. I love him so much! My mom, too.

Congratulations to your Pop!

Anonymous said...

You can invite 96 people!

Murray Newlands said...

Have a great party :)